Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Qi in Sydney

Alright guys, pardon me for the lack of updates. Very busy! A lot of people have been messaging me via MSN, facebook, friendster and what not, asking a lot of questions regarding what I am doing in Sydney. So I guess I will clear everything here. Oh, and about my status as well. Hmm.

-----

Questions & Answers:

Q - Where are you, dude?
A - Sydney, er, dude.

Q - Oh, working already. Nice. Where? (The most assumed-and-asked question)
A - I am under training.

Q - Oh, sweet. Which firm?
A - Er, no. I am training at the College of Law.

Q - College? From University to College? Downgrade ar?
A - No. Everyone needs to go through it you nincompoop.

Q - No way. Why do other law graduates can qualify in their home states of WA, SA, Queensland, Vic, and not you? (Alright syntax error, as per Nicole! Let's re-ask, ahem: Why can other law graduates qualify in their home states of WA, SA, Queensland, Vic, and not you?)
A - You see, I am an international student. The rule is such that if you need a student visa to study this course, you must do the course on-campus. For others, they can do the course online back home! There is only one campus for the College of Law, and that is at Sydney's St Leonards.

Q - Poor thing. So how do they train you at the College of Law?
A - Well, we are learning basically how things are done in the various areas of Law.

Q - Stressed ma?
A - Stressed daoooo...

Q - I see. Sorry for my ignorance. So, for how long?
A - Well, the Coursework Component is 15 weeks. Law graduates will also need to do another 15 weeks of legal work in a Law Firm to satisfy the Work Experience Component. I have already done the Work Experience Component - so it's just 15 weeks for me at the College of Law.

Q - Oh, swee lah. After that can sue people liao la...
A - Well, no. Since I did not do the topic "Legal Ethics", I need to do an online course for another 7 weeks. Yuck, I know.

Q - Then? Come back to Malaysia to practice, right?
A - As of now, I am not sure. I am looking at the prospect of becoming a Permanent Resident in Australia. But then that means I need to live in Australia for at least the next 2 to 3 years.

Q - That is a dilemma dude. Good luck deciding! Oh, I heard about this girl from Penang...
A - Er, yes. What about her?

Q - Well, is she your girlfriend?
A - Yes. No more questions.

Q - Wait lah. Is she going to Sydney?
A - For holiday, very likely. For work, very likely not. No more questions.

Q - Aiyah. Wait lah. What does your girlfriend think about you going to Sydney, not knowing when you would be coming back?
A - She is fine with it. She is extremely understanding. Love should do the rest. No more questions - honestly.

-----

I wish I could just go home and do this everyday...

(Above) At my fave Laksa place at Sekama. Photo snapped by Ing Ling 3 weeks ago...

But as it stands now, the best Laksa I have tasted in Sydney thus far is at Chatswood. Apart from that, I have been eating the extremely delicious food cooked by my Homestay Family. They are Shanghai people who have been living here for 6 years. Shanghai food tastes fantastic!

Qi

4 comments:

douglas said...

=.=...have fun! hahaa

.c.h.e.r.r.y. said...

the part 'stressed daooo...' is so so funnyyyy!!!!!! i dont know why. cos it reflects the way u always speak i guess! wakakakakakakaka. can actually imagine how u react when u say that. l0L l0L!

so someone's dating a penangite then! wakaka.

dont worry dude, when i go back to kch, i'll go to that sekama laksa stall and hav that laksa special (minus the strain of kimmo, pls!). =D
take care~

Shyang said...

asian go aus come back all vr cocky leh! hahaha..okok..u r not


take k pal~

Anonymous said...

sounds like toshi is asking questions!


good luck!