Sunday, May 4, 2008

Leaving Kuching

Time in Kuching was fun.
I am currently in Singapore.
It's 3:12am now on the 4th of May. Been here since the 1st.
... Will fly off to Sydney on the 5th.

Had a blast in Kuching throughout my 5-month stay.

(Above) Jerry, Kenny and Lionel @ Starbucks, Kuching "International" (insert jokes here) Airport before departure to Singapore, 1st May.

(Above) Shu Wei looking to pot into the middle pocket at Snooker 2000 - a day before departure after dinner at Hartz, 30th April.

(Above) Buddies slugging it out for one last onion ring - yes, it was staged, at Oregano, 27th April.

Within the final 2 weeks in Kuching, I managed to catch drinks/food with Khai Ching (sorry wey - I name you 1st... so I must be forgiven!), Cassie, Chween Wee, the long lost Chew Hock Yong, the busy-at-work Harry Ting, Perth buddy Mark Wong, close friend Ing Ling, primary school dude Tan Chun Liang... and my band of brothers - Lionel, Jerry, Kenny, Shu Wei and Mei San (sister?).

Unfortunate case Shyang is in Sibu (or "was", rather, since he is now back for good in Kuching), Dougie is in Nottingham (time to get out of the library mate!), Dodo is in Moscow (eh dude I went to Lucky Plaza and no I did not see the futsal shoes you asked for), Chow Yee is in London (it's an addiction - shh I didn't say a thing hehe!), Hsiao Siang is in Oklahoma (to Liverpool's CL exit I offer you my heartfelt condolences), Laura and Lawrence are in KL... caught up with Siang back in December though, and that was awesome. Good times, mate.

Of course in my 5 months in Kuching, I have met almost every friend imagineable. Caught a trip to the Mulu Caves with Perth buddy in crime Ricky (and returned with a friend named Theng - more on that in the future), visited Lawrence in KL with Lionel for a full 7 days, caught up with Melanie, Matty, Stevie, Jeremy, Nicole, Joe and Nut in Perth, and worked alongside awesome people at my attached law firm - June, Ang, Mag, Alli, Imr, Maia and Val. Asrul was back in Kuching from Perth as well so a few football sessions took place at Sports Planet. Oh, saw Charlyn a few times, Kaeshih on a couple of occasions, Zhang Han often at yum-cha sessions or under my workplace running his photography business, Adrian, Kion Ming, Vera, Ying Ning and Ai Shih (last was unplanned) during Chinese New Year... I should really not forget Ying Ying, Yi Ping (yes I remember that awkward-for-you Laksa session), Diana & Joanne (Diana's a gem - met in Kuching, then was the warmest person in Perth) and the rest of the Perth people who Mark introduced a year or so ago - Bryan, Wui Hao, Xin Chen and Gerry... cheers for the Futsal session while I was in Perth for grad and the dinner at Sparrow!

(Above) Perth amigos @ Lil Sparrow, Northbridge, 14th March.

Can't name everyone but heck you all will be gayly, brokebackly missed.

A new chapter is unfolding in Sydney.
Could take 8 months, could take 3 years, or 4, or 5...
... uncertainties up ahead!

23 years old. I feel if changes are not taking place...
... then I am not progressing.
So on that note, I think I am on the right track.
Cheers for the future, and I see all of you in it.

Qi

6 comments:

Di said...

hey qi,

you will be sorely, brokebackly missed too.

di

Anonymous said...

be there till i go over for free accommodation for vacation. teehee

Kanga said...

like wad Cassie sed ... we want free accommodation if we do drop by some day!!! haha

all d bes wishes to u & yo future

.c.h.e.r.r.y. said...

i'l remember the laksa stall u brought us to. laksa special with strain of kim mo! wakakakakka l0L
glad to be able to catch up with u b4 u left! and so sorry for not sendin u off nor sms u b4 u left lah. minta ampun! =p
anyways i'll see u when i see u.
take care of urself overthere mate.
keep in touch! =)

Ping said...

wasn't that awkward la...
a bit only...
a WEE bit...
take good care mr. qi.
remember to buy me peanut kueh when you hit your first mil :D

douglas said...

i tot i see siaw mi in that pic...!!apparently not!