Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Very Thai

Went for the Thai Festival @ Russel Square on James Street in Northbridge. According to its official website, the Thai Festival "arrives in Perth for the first time with huge showcase of Thai food and culture in all its forms bringing the taste of Thailand to people in Perth." And boy oh boy did we taste Thailand.

Above: The Spicy Thai Chicken Salad

Above: Baby sausage (tasted salty, sweet and sour... no really)

Above: Thai dude making "Money Bags" for fying

Above: This is like, 10% of the crowd

Apparently I look Thai. A couple of years back, I was at a bus stop when a Thai student asked me if I was Thai. And after going to this Thai Festival, I am convinced I look Thai!

Seller 1: สบายดีรึเปล่า
Me: ???
Seller 2: คุณต้องการซื้ออะไรครับ
Me: @#%*&...

Nut and Joe, my housemates, were part of the organising committee - pretty cool organising a huge event like this I would think. I went with Ricky, Nicole, Cherie and Michelle, and it was good fun. Who am I kidding? Whenever there is food involved, it's going to be fun. I saw Khem - haven't seen in for 3 long years. Caught up with him a bit... he put on a bit of weight I must say. But chubby is cute... right, Nicole? Right this moment, Nicole is nodding profusely in agreement.

After some glorious food, Ricky dropped me by Udub's sports center as I caught up with Mark and the other boys for a 3 grueling hours of indoor soccer.

Bliss. Back to my 18,000-word research paper.

Qi

6 comments:

Di said...

Even though there were 3 teams taking turns throughout that 3 hrs, I noticed that you managed to stay on the pitch for almost a full 3 hrs!

Btw, when you scored yet another goal, I heard one of ur teammates whisper to another fried 'we've got ronaldo on our team'.

And there I was thinking you were Van Persie. Hahaha.

Kanga said...

hmmm...i like Thai food, hot & spicy...wish to go Thai sumday la of cos.

King Qi said...

di: lol such exaggeration!

kanga: neh lokthian there got thai food wud, maybe we could give it a go when i am back.

Nyx said...

Now everyone will wanna eat more yum-yums because they know about Nicole's soft spot for chub-chubs. Then I'll be too busy aww-ing over cute people to listen to you sing through MSN.

King Qi said...

nic: i think u overestimated your soft spot there! :p

Anonymous said...

I want to eat the foods u shown...