Sunday, March 16, 2008

Graduation Fortnight

Currently blogging from SS2, Petaling Jaya. The past week has been memorable, quick and eventful. Well, not quite, but I went to Perth for just over 5 days, living with my Granduncle. Mom and Dad went to Perth for the 1st time, so Granduncle, Grandauntie and I brought them around, showing them around the city I have lived for the past 5 years. It was a rewarding experience showing them the place I have come to know so well.
(Above) L-R, Granduncle, Me, Grandauntie, Mom

Among the things we did include driving along the scenic West Coast Highway, going to King's Park at night, visiting places like Mandurah, Cottesloe and Subi... etc. Not going to detail every mini trip that we made, but yea it was good to be back in Perth. I got to dress up too, for my graduation ceremony! ... I present to you...
(Above) All dressed up.

Graduation ceremony was held on the 11th of March - a Tuesday. The regalia was hired for a whopping AU$85.00. For pic of the regalia, see pic below. Dad dressed up for the event as well, which was, with all due respect, an exceptionally rare thing.
(Above) Me with Dad

More pictures from the graduation will be posted up as soon as the studio pics get sent to me! Bloody expensive pics as well mind if I add, but the quality is top notch... so "bo ho hiam" really. Early on the 14th we departed Perth to spend over a day at Singapore. Met up with sis and Uncle How-Chiat, the latter briefly. Went to quite a few places during my short stay there, but the highlight must be the Japanese food at Wasabi Japanese Restaurant at Causeway Point. The Sushi Platter, costing S$18.90, was kick-ass good.
(Above) Me, with MY Japanese food

Alright, Lionel is pestering me to get ready so we can go out... for food or what not. Lawrence's car is a real blessing for we do not have to take the taxi like previously! Lawrence's house also means we do not have to live in a hotel! Great stuff, I say.

Will blog further when I get the chance to upload more pictures from my mobile phone. Going up to Genting tomorrow.

Gah, bye for now!
Qi

6 comments:

Shyang said...

good!
congrats!
good!

King Qi said...

thanks la dude.
u have fun toying with the legal system re: ur car la ok.

Kanga said...

menang or kalah in Genting?

Ping said...

Congrats :)
Please buy that crispy peanut kueh thing for me when u reach ur first million. Cheers!

.c.h.e.r.r.y. said...

omgg.u looked damn serious in the 2nd piccie. l0L

!dA アイダ said...

KinG qi-san...Sotsugyou Omedetou Gozaimasu!!!!(means congrats for ur graduation)=) hehe...wow...the Japanese food looks wonderful!!~hehe..all the best to you ya!~take k!=)